Digitalisation and The Future of Work
In association with EEF, the German British Chamber of Industry and Commerce, Liverpool LEP and LCR 4.0
The 2017 German British Forum conference, “Digitalisation and The Future of Work”, will be held on 14th November 2017 at the Liverpool Town Hall, 08:00 – 17:30.
The conference will debate the challenges for recruitment and training for businesses in the age of digitalisation and automation.
How will jobs change in the future and how can we communicate this to the education sector? The conference focuses on manufacturing, engineering and logistics. Keynote speeches and panel discussions will exchange understanding of the future employment needs of industrial companies.
What are the aims of the UK’s Industrial Digitalisation Strategy? What is needed from education and business?
What has been done to improve manufacturing processes? How is this affecting modern training and college courses?
What is the future of moving product – Logistik 4.0 and “Smart Ports”?
What does the future of food retail recruitment look like?
How will transformation from a traditional industry to a digital/IT company be managed?
• Dr Peter Ammon, German Ambassador to the United Kingdom
• Chuka Umunna, MP for Streatham, Chair of Vote Leave Watch, Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Social Integration
• Juergen Maier, CEO of Siemens UK
• Dieter Geuss, Director of the BMW Hams Hall engine plant
• Carl Arntzen, CEO of BOSCH Thermotechnology Ltd
• Gary Hodgson, Strategic Projects Director, Peel Ports Group which operates Liverpool2, the new deep water port that handles the new “SuezMax” class container ships
• Dr Frank-Stephan Hardt, chief financial officer of T-Systems Ltd
• Terry Scuoler, CEO of manufacturers’ organisation EEF
• Burkhard Sommer, director of PwC Maritime Competence Centre in Hamburg
• Kieran Ring, CEO of the Global Institute of Logistics
• Prof. Alan McKinnon, Professor of Logistics in the Kühne Logistics University in Hamburg
• David Swann, Technical Director of Universal Wolf, makers of robotic systems for online retail
• Plus panellists from Airbus, DHL, University of Liverpool and more
Following the conference, there will be a drinks reception and dinner which requires a separate ticket.
THE MANUFACTURER LIVE 2017 & SMART FACTORY EXPO