‘SIX DAYS IN SEPTEMBER’ BOOK LAUNCH
The book launch of Six Days in September written by William Keegan, David Marsh and Richard Roberts, will be on 15 September 2017.
Six Days in September revisits the tumultuous political and economic event of ‘Black Wednesday’ – 16 September 1992 – when Britain was forced to withdraw sterling from the exchange rate mechanism of the European Monetary System.
This meeting considers the wider implications of the events of 1992 – and of 2016 – for the international monetary system, as well as the impact on Asia, where many policy-makers saw the European upheavals as presaging the 1997 financial crisis.
Register for the launch
Speakers at the launch include:
- Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Zeti Akhtar Aziz, Governor, Bank Negara Malaysia (2000-16)
- Jacques de Larosière, Managing Director, IMF (1978-87); Governor, Banque de France (1987-93); President, EBRD (1993-98)
- Sir Tom Scholar, Permanent Secretary, HM Treasury
- Sir Paul Tucker, Deputy Governor, Bank of England (2009-13); Private Secretary to the Governor of Bank of England (1989-92)
- Lord (Andrew) Turnbull, Principal Private Secretary to the UK Prime Minister (1988-92); Head of Monetary Department, HM Treasury (1992-95); Permanent Secretary, HM Treasury (1998-2002); Cabinet Secretary (2002-05)